Over the past few months I’ve had a sensitive scalp for some unknown reason. I had been using the same shampoo for years, and I rarely use any styling product near my scalp. To make matters worse, not only did I have a dry scalp but I was also finding that my hair was getting oily really quickly (what the?!). It dawned on me, that maybe much like the skin on our faces, dehydration can cause the skin to overproduce oil to try and compensate. So, my remedy for everything came out, coconut oil.
Being all natural and renowned for it’s anti-bacterial and moisturizing properties, I couldn’t think of anything better to try out, and boy am I glad I did. The process is really as simple as it can get.
- Melt down about 2 tablespoons of oil in a small dish
- Part your hair in the centre
- Use your fingers to run some oil over the centre parting
- Part your hair an inch to one side, and apply oil in the same way
- Continue along the rest of your hair changing the parting as you go
- Once you are done, massage the oil in to ensure even coverage
- Leave in for 1 hour, then shampoo as normal
So did it work? It did, with some surprising results. Not only did it relieve my sore scalp and rid the dryness, it also left my hair super soft and shiny. I have used coconut oil in the lengths of my hair before, but I never got hooked on it. They do say healthy hair starts with a healthy scalp, and it seems to be true. My hair is not weighed down, it’s actually quite the opposite, and has much more life to it. Now that my scalp has had some moisture, my roots aren’t getting oily anymore either. I’ve been doing this process once a week using the shampoo from this review Hask argan oil shampoo and conditioner
The best thing about natural remedies, is you don’t have much to loose by trying it. My hair feels and looks better, so once again COCONUT OIL FOR THE WIN!